Here’s my December 2011 paper on open journalism, originally published by the Annenberg Innovation Lab. A few people have let me know the link stopped working, so I’m posting the PDF version here for now.
This site exists mainly to host my 2011 open journalism paper, reflecting my work in news leadership and as a visiting journalism executive at USC Annenberg. These ideas informed content innovation and excellence at Southern California Public Radio and continue to propel me in 2017 as I move home to North Carolina. I’ll be working with others who are seeking new models for journalism, especially at the state and local level, and doing journalism consulting, writing and editing.
Here’s a PDF of my December 2011 paper on open journalism, originally published by the Annenberg Innovation Lab.
- This blog on hiatus
- Journalism needs you: A speech to college journalists
- Press protest: It’s a start
- Endeavour’s other mission: Advancing Open Journalism
- Journalism art and craft, Pulitzer edition
- Twitter vs. “the press”: Let’s not go there
- Lost in translation (by web bots?)
- Take it from former editors: Newspapers need bolder change
- My open journalism paper is out